- This event has passed.
The Remnant of Christ Bible Conference “New Covenant Christianity”
November 16, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - November 18, 2018 @ 9:00 pmfree
Friday Nov. 16, 2018
- 7 PM: Charles W. Doughty: “The establishment of the Glorious Kingdom of Jesus Christ on Earth” (The Great and Glorious Day of Pentecost, Joel 2:32/Acts 2:16, 20)
- 8 PM Frank Goehringer: The glorious Church of Jesus is the most precious, powerful and profound institution on earth. Christ loves her and will present her holy and blameless to the eternal Father, for she is His beloved bride. He is the head of the church and she demonstrates His wisdom and glory to this darkened world. As His body, we have been chosen, adopted as His children through Jesus, in order to serve Him, for we are His workmanship created for good works. Ephesians 1 & 2
- Discussion Time/Questions & Answer
Saturday Nov. 17 2018
- 10 AM John Doughty: “Expose’ of Calvinism In the Light of the Scriptures.”Who is John Calvin? What is the doctrine of Calvinism? What are the merits of Calvinism in the light of the Bible? Why do Calvinists believe in “faith only” and call baptism a “work?” We will examine and judge the merits of the ideas of the Sovereignty of God, the TULIP theory, Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, and Perseverance of Saints, as well as the subject of the Old & New Covenants, from the Word of God. Hebrews 9:15-17
- 11 AM Charles W. Doughty: “The Abomination of Desolation” (Destruction of Jerusalem A.D. 70), Matthew 24. Next to the end of the world, this little known event is the most dynamic and universe affecting event that ever happened since the death of Jesus Christ. We will examine the events that led up to the abomination as spoken of by the prophets of the past and examine the detailed prophetic descriptions of our Lord in regard to this horrible desolation. And then, we will project into the future with the next climactic event in this universe, the glorious appearing of our Lord and Master with His angels on the last day of time and history.
- 1 PM John Doughty: “The work of the Holy Spirit & the Charismatic Gifts.” We will examine the operations (1 Corinthians 12:6) of the Holy Spirit, as ordained by the Lord Jesus in John 14:16-17, 14:26, 15:26, & 16:7, 13. We will contrast the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38, Romans 8:9-11, 1 Cor. 3:16, 6:19, Ephesians 2:22, James 4:5) with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5, 2:1-4, 10:44-47, 11:15-16) and gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:8-10, 12-14). What was the purpose of the Charismatic gifts and the ground rules concerning their use, according to the Bible? Are the gifts available today?
- 2 PM Frank Goehringer: “The Covenantal God” God has always been a God of Covenant. The covenant is an agreement between two parties. God made many covenants with the patriarchs and Moses, but ultimately & pre-eminently, through His son Jesus Christ, Hebrews 3:1-6. This covenant involves parties, stipulations, and promises. Covenant theology reconciles the apparent problem of God’s grace versus human responsibility. Jeremiah 31:31/Hebrews 8:7-13.
- Discussion Time/Questions & Answers
Sunday Nov. 18, 2018
- 10 AM: Charles W. Doughty: “The Remnant Who Overcome: The Blood, the Word of testimony, & Martyrdom” Revelation 12:10-17.
- 11 AM: The Lord’s Supper: Matthew 26:26-29, John 6:53, Acts 2:42, 20:7, 1 Corinthians 11:28-32
- 11:30: Chris Kynard: My Testimony